What is OHSAS 18001?
OHSAS 18001 is the international Occupational Health and Safety Management Standard. It provides a framework for the effective management of OH&S including all aspects of risk management and legal compliance. It addresses occupational health and safety, rather than any specific product safety matters.
What are the benefits of certification?
- Results in better planned and ongoing management of health and safety risks
- Reduces work-related accidents and illness
- Reduces costs associated with accidents and illness
- Improves operational performance through policies and procedures
- Increases control of regulatory issues
- Reduces risk of citations and penalties
- Increases access to new customers and business partners through an improved corporate image
- Potentially reduces insurance costs